RT-PCR tests for COVID-19 have proven to be the most effective in detecting the presence of the virus in a human body. Some states of India have shown a strong reliance upon this testing method compared to others, and Delhi is one of them. Yes, the statistics retrieved from the state using government data shows how people are relying upon RT PCR in Delhi despite its high costs compared to the rapid tests. The containment zones and hotspots in the city are using these tests the most! So, how has the RT PCR test evolved in the state? Let us learn more about it here.
What Is A PCR Test?
PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction) test is a detailed scientific method used to detect the genetic material of any specific organism. In times of the pandemic, scientists have proposed this method to detect the genetic material of Coronavirus. This test is capable of detecting the presence of a virus in the human body, and it can also quantify the fragments of the virus even if a person is no longer in the effect of the virus. RT PCR in Delhi works on this mechanism of testing the COVID-19 virus.
How Does the RT-PCR Test Make A Difference?
The process of RT-PCR is no different than the PCR test, but the former is one additional step in the progression to get the results. This step is the reverse transcription of RNA back to DNA to get a more amplified result. Since studies have shown that COVID-19 concentrates RNA, the reverse transcription step is necessary.
What Is The Procedure for Conducting RT-PCR Test In Delhi?
The procedure of RT PCR in Delhi is a simple one from the point of view of a patient. All it takes is a couple of days to get the results. Here is what follows in the RT PCR test and how labs play a crucial role in it.
- The lab technicians or health professionals collect the sample of a patient by taking his nasal and throat swab for detecting the virus.
- This sample then goes to the lab for testing, where the transcription method is applied.
- Once done, the results reflect whether the sample had any genetic material or body of the virus in it or not.
Best RT PCR Test Centres In Delhi
People looking for RT PCR in Delhi at a reliable laboratory should check out these centres and get their tests done. The results are highly reliable, and there is no error in the testing process.
- Azadpur Mandi: This clinic is situated at the fruit market at Gate No. 5 in the locality famous in Delhi. People who cannot visit the centre can call for the home collection service and get tested without leaving the house.
- Rajouri: This RT PCR Test centre is by the Vishal Enclave building in Nehru Nagar locality, Raja Garden. The technicians from this centre cover a lot of nearby places to help patients deposit their samples.
- Chattarpur: One can find this collection centre in Dr Ambedkar Colony on the Chattarpur Road. One can either visit the clinic to submit the sample or call home service.
- Rohini: This collection centre is set up in the School of Excellence, a Delhi Government School.
- Dwarka: This centre is also in a government school at Sector 6 for RT PCR in Delhi.
All these centres are functional and operative in these busy areas of Delhi. One can reach out for help and get the tests done without worrying about the accuracy of the results. Delhi is progressive in its fight with Coronavirus and has successfully helped many patients fight the disease. We should all show awareness and get tested whenever the symptoms arise.